[NOTICIA] Fin de producción BBS-1

Pues os dejo con una mala noticia para los que no hemos podido hacernos con una BBS-1. Os reproduzco el mail exacto recibido por John.

Hello,

This is just to let you know that the BBS-1 is no longer being produced. I realize that some of you have been waiting quite some time for one of these razors, but after a long discussion with James, the machinist who has singlehandedly produced all of these razors, we have decided to bring production to an end.

James will still be producing razors, but mass production of the BBS-1 has become unfeasible going forward, as James wants to take the time to develop new products and new designs, and needs the time to do the research and development, which he cannot do while making the same product over and over.

His work is available at https://wolfmanrazors.com/ and he will be producing small quantities of different razors on his own time and schedule, at which point he will be putting them up for sale. (He will not be doing a waitlist at this time, as the management thereof is very time consuming, and takes time he needs to spend developing new product.)

I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment, and I am grateful for the enthusiasm regarding this razor.

Thank you,

John Brown

9 Me gusta

Vaya!

1 me gusta

Pero ya llevaban tiempo sin producirlas???.

1 me gusta

No, se seguían haciendo pero a cuenta gotas, puesto que James combina su propia producción con la BBS, y con ese nivel de acabados la cosa no puede ir rápido.

1 me gusta

Mi gozo en un pozo, a finales de agosto tuve oportunidad de tenerla, John me envió el email correspondiente, mi turno había llegado, pero como suele pasar , estas cosas nos pillan con otras prioridades, 335$ son muchos dólares…
En fin…,

3 Me gusta

Haberme pasado el turno gañan! :rofl:

1 me gusta

Jooooder. Y se permite el lujo de pasar de producirlas para dar rienda a la imaginación… Un máquina este tipo, todo un artista…

Dos veces en un mes, además… :joy:

2 Me gusta

Una triste noticia para los que llevamos mucho tiempo esperando que nos toque…

1 me gusta

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Pues me quedo con las ganas yo tambien… esta era mi unicornio, por encima de las Wolfman. Ahora la gente se subirá a la parra al venderlas así que me olvido de ella.

Este unicornio ahora es rosa e invisible :joy:

7 Me gusta

Si todavía fabricándose se llegaban a pagar cerca de 1000$ en eBay, no me quiero imaginar lo que se pagará en unos meses.

5 Me gusta

:thinking:

Más aduana Alberto. Unos 80 eureles más.

Ya ya…, contaba con ello…

Eso es ahorro…

1 me gusta

Bueno, pues se lo han pensado y parece que van a seguir haciéndola!

Hello,

After having a night to think things over, and having seen the outpouring of enthusiasm for the BBS-1 around the wetshaving internet, James has agreed to continue producing the BBS-1.

It was never our intention to disappoint our customers and prospective customers, James just wanted some time to do some R&D on future product, to put the machining skills and wetshaving razor knowledge he has gained over the past few years to use on new and even better designs.

I wanted him to do that, but I also explained to him that the ongoing demand for the BBS-1 still existed, and encouraged him to keep it in production. I was initially unsuccessful, but you have convinced him, so he will continue production on a part-time basis going forward, in a manner that will allow BBS-1 production to continue, while also allowing for new product to come to market at some point down the line.

I don’t have more details than that at the moment, I just didn’t want anyone to spend all of their Holiday funds trying to buy one on the aftermarket, as we will have them available in limited quantities in the future.

Have a wonderful holiday, and I look forward to bringing you fresh product in 2018!

John Brown

3 Me gusta

Le ha dado la vuelta a la tortilla :smile:
Ahora solo queda que nos toque antes de que saquen la maquinilla con laser o cualquier otra cosa y que sigamos interesados en adquirir una BBS-1.

1 me gusta

Uhm! Pues vaya!

A día de hoy no está entre mis futuribles, pero este no, pero ahora sí, va a costar una pasta…